Grilled Balsamic Chicken and Peaches Recipe
No need to turn the oven on when you can make this grilled balsamic chicken and peaches on the BBQ. Even better you can enjoy the leftovers cold on a salad or all by itself. I love the subtle taste of the balsamic with the grilled chicken and the grilled peaches.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
This is a fabulous chicken recipe to make on the grill and it’s quick to put together last minute which we all need those kind of recipes don’t we? The chicken breasts are brushed with with olive oil and balsamic vinegar as are the peaches and they are both grilled on the BBQ basil/garlic.
You can brush more balsamic onto the chicken and peaches as they are being grilled and while it’s optional, once the chicken breasts were almost cooked we moved them and the peaches to a cast iron pan (on the grill and added a bit more balsamic & olive oil to give it another boost of flavour before digging into this tasty recipe. It’s a simple but delicious recipe.
My family loves chicken and what’s not to love when you have chicken raised by a Canadian chicken farmer?! It’s so versatile that you literally could not run out of new recipes to try or create yourself. This time I wanted to go for something simple which is why I decided to do this balsamic grilled chicken with peaches, there’s just something so yummy about chicken and peaches or is that just me?!
When I see the Canadian Chicken Farmers logo (below) I know that I’m getting that quality, we only buy chicken raised by a Canadian Chicken Farmer. So yes the chicken I buy ALWAYS has that logo, like the one above. If your store doesn’t use the “Raised by a Canadian Farmer” brand, you can ask them to – we think the pressure should be on retailers to deliver on what Canadians want.” We like to support Canadian family-owned businesses and 90% of Canadian chicken farms are family run and owned.
Make sure to check out our recipes section for more tasty recipes like the ones below!
Make sure to PIN this Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Peaches Recipe!
What to do with leftovers:
Salad of course! We love chicken with salads and this grilled balsamic chicken and peaches is PERFECT to have as a salad. Just chop up the leftover balsamic chicken and peaches and add it to your next green salad. Top with a balsamic dressing or one of your choice and you’re good to go. You can also add nuts or whatever else you love. We love that not only does the original recipe not require heating up the kitchen but you can serve the leftovers cold or you can warm them up in the microwave!
Can you make grilled balsamic chicken and peaches ahead of time?
We pretty much have answered this question, yes you can as you can enjoy these leftovers cold or warm them up in the microwave. Oh so yummy. You don’t need to marinate the chicken ahead of time but you can if you want to for a bolder, stronger flavour.
Let’s get to this tasty recipe now shall we?
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 peaches (halved)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil
- 2 cups of arugula
- Brush chicken with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and balsamic and add pepper and salt to taste (go light on the salt or skip entirely if you want). Place chicken breasts on a hot bbq and grill for 10 minutes and flip repeating the steps until the chicken is fully cooked through or almost cooked.
- Halfway through cooking the chicken place the peaches sprinkled with a bit of pepper and a bit of balsamic onto the bbq flesh down. Grill for 5-10 minutes until just soft. Remove.
- **see notes** Place the remaining olive oil and balsamic in a pan (we used cast-iron) that can be put on the bbq (grill can be on low at this point). Place the chicken breasts and peaches in the pan and put it back on the bbq. Flip the chicken to get the remaining olive oil and balsamic on both sides. Leave on for just a couple of minutes to get more of the olive oil and balsamic infused into the chicken and peaches. You can drizzle more balsamic on top while in the pan if you so desire.
- When chicken and peaches are ready place on a bed of arugula. *you can add additional dressing if you want at this point or just use serving the chicken and peaches. Add any other toppings you may like but we loved it this way.
- The chicken and peaches can also be served cold on a salad with more dressing or you can warm up any leftovers in a microwave if you like it warm.
*You can skip this step with the pan if you don't want to "soak" it more in the olive oil and balsamic. We do recommend brushing more oil and balsamic on the chicken to keep it moist though if you skip the pan portion. The pan part is not for more cooking but to add more of the flavour of the balsamic.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 39g
Please note that we can not guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information. They are a best guess calculation.
See? How easy peasy this this grilled balsamic chicken and peaches?
The sweetness of the peaches with the balsamic and chicken is a tasty pairing in our opinion and goes nicely with any greens. It’s also delicious with rice or potatoes but for the summer we like our meals lighter so we tend to go with salad greens with this recipe.
If you try this yummy grilled balsamic chicken and peaches recipe let us know how you liked and any variations you may have tried that you loved or what you think can make it better.
For anything chicken whether it’s for recipe ideas, how to handle raw chicken, different cooking methods and well anything chicken make sure to Follow Chicken Farmers of Canada: